"Long Range Rifle Hunting
Within YOUR Reach."
Welcome to rifle-accuracy-reports.
Our main concern is the building up of extreme accuracy in your factory hunting rifle. We also provide information on the expertise of the top custom rifle makers and the extreme accuracy of the rifles they build. We're here to help develop your weapon, scope, bullet, and you; the shooter, into the long range hunter with all the
components working together.
Imagine the average hunter that books a five-day Elk or Mule Deer hunt costing thousands of dollars. He spends time in the gym, getting into shape. He drives to the shooting range to sight-in, does alot of practice. Shoots very well out to 400 yards. This is good.
He is now on the long awaited hunt. Long hikes, glassing and spotting animals, hunting hard, and enjoying every minute.
Sometimes, (more often than not) you hunt hard until the last day. That trophy Elk or Mule Deer is now standing there. Only
one thing stands between you and getting that animal anchored on the ground... The Distance. He's standing out at 700 yards
and no timely way to close the distance.
This is when a hunter may realize that "sighting-in three inches high" at 100 yards won't get the job done. And the use of "Hold-Over" is guessing and not an option. Being a responsible hunter, and knowing that his maximum effective range is 400 yards, he decides to let that trophy animal "Walk" out of his life; because it is the right thing to do.
Or, you can obtain the right information and learn how to properly prepare for your hunt. Doing whatever it takes to get
your rifle, scope, and bullet working together as an extension of yourself. The best Shooting Range preparation and correct
practice at extended distances will give you the mental edge you need to make consistent, repeatable shots. And you will
know that you can take that shot, and make the shot of a lifetime.
We, at rifle-accuracy-reports are here to help. Please enjoy our site, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks
- custom rifle
- Everyone that hunts and shoots on a regular basis should own a custom rifle
- Barrel Break-in
- Proper rifle barrel break-in and cleaning procedures are crucial for top accuracy and performance of your rifle. Click here to find out how!
- minute of angle
- Minute of Angle is the term used as the standard for measuring the accuracy of a hunting rifle
- trigger control
- Perfect trigger control means learning to squeeze the trigger without disturbing the cross-hairs
- rifle scope
- The rifle scope is designed to magnify the user’s eyesight, allowing the long-range marksman see distant targets up close
- The purpose of sighting-in from a bench rest is to provide a stable and consistent platform for shooting a precise string of shots.
- The chronograph is an important accuracy tool for the serious long range shooter
- shooting positions
- There are four basic shooting positions that the rifle shooter must become proficient in to be a better marksmen
- shot placement
- The goal of shot placement is to provide a quick and humane method of dispatching a game animal
- Hunter Safety
- All hunters and members of the shooting community know and practice safety with firearms
- survival skills
- Being a good hunter and marksman means having the knowledge and survival skills of a good woodsman
- survival kit list
- survival kit: the "must have" items for your back-pack or car kit
- A PLB (personal locator beacon) is a portable,lightweight emergency locator beacon
- The Global Positioning System GPS is a small hand-held device linked to satellites
- Binoculars (“Glass”) are needed for spotting game animals in areas of terrain that is hard to see into
- Binocular Adjustment
- You will be able to see more terrain and spot more game by learning proper binocular adjustment as they are mounted on the tripod
- glassing techniques
- binoculars are needed for glassing up big game animals
- Glossary of hunting, shooting and reloading terms
- shooting range
- The shooting range is the place where people meet to safely set up and shoot their firearms
- One of the most rewarding aspects of long range shooting is reloading
- Learn Consistent Reloading Steps for precision ammo
- Reloading Safety
- Learn Reloading Safety to prevent costly accidents
- Solunar is the term used for the belief that the movement of game animals can be predicted by knowing the different phases of the moon
- Accurized Action
- very APS rifle shipped out is built on an accurized action. The vast majority being the Remington 700 actions for several reasons
- Muzzle Brakes
- A Muzzle Brakes are designed to significantly reduce the rifle’s RECOIL
- Find Outfitters
- FInd Outfitters by Looking in the right Place
- hunting ethics
- Our tradition of hunting ethics is solid.
- U.S. Fish, Game Departments
- List of U.S. Fish, Game Departments
- Contact Us
- At Rifle Accuracy Reports, we value your questions, comments, please contact us
- links page
- Rifle Accuracy Reports Links Page
- Information on our banners and adding your link