SURVIVAL KIT LIST: The List
Of Life Saving Items
SURVIVAL KIT LIST: THE "MUST HAVE" ITEMS FOR YOUR BACK-PACK OR CAR KIT
Remember the time tested saying: IT'S BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT !!!
1. Leave a written “PLAN” of your hunt/trip information with friends and family, in the event of an emergency. Provide dates, locations, (hunt units), including departure and arrival. If the "EXPECTED" happens, then someone will be looking for you and they will know where to look.
2. Clothing / gear for the conditions you are in. Desert region: long sleeve shirt, wide brim hat, plenty water, ice, and ice chest. Winter Conditions: warm clothing (wool, fleece, thinsulate, gore-tex), gloves, blankets, etc.
3. 2 Flashlights, portable GPS (map capable)
, lots of extra batteries, compass, maps. Cell phone with portable outdoor charger (charge 2 go), vehicle charger. If you are on a wilderness hunt and you are 10+ miles into the woods, the possibility of getting lost or injured is significant, look into buying or renting a satellite phone/accessories (means of charging), your call will go through.
4. Also, a VERY IMPORTANT piece of equipment; a PLB or “personal locator beacon”. This device will allow SEARCH AND RESCUE TO LOCATE YOU. Go to The PLB info page.
5. Fire Starter Kit:
Flammable Tinder: (cotton balls soaked with real petroleum jelly stuffed in film canister), char, chaga tinder, Fire-Piston, 2 butane lighters, stick matches, 4+ qty. 5 inch candles, magnesium/flint ,‘blast-match’, road flares, small magnifying glass.
6. First Aid Kit
, 2 space blankets, knives/sharpener, leatherman type multi-tool, rope, parachute cord (50 ft. each), small saw, small folding shovel, metal cup (cooking), lightweight rain poncho, large plastic tarp, 3ft. siphon tube. 3 sm. snares, 2 lg. snares, portable fishing kit.
7. Water Treatment:
survival drinking straw, portable water filter, SteriPEN water purifier, Kataydyn "Vario" Water Filter, water purifying pills, gallon ziplock bags (waterproofing), toilet paper, soapy wet-naps (dozen).
8. 3’X 3’ Blaze Orange signal cloth, signal mirror, orange smoke canister, road flares, whistle, sunglasses, writing materials, pen/pencils, mini notebook on survival tips( use of snares, traps, food gathering, water procurement, shelter building, etc).
9. Money: $20-$50 stored into your car kit or back-pack. If you were stranded or have to walk out of the bush and you need something to eat and drink, you have the means to buy.
10. Food: Not only your day lunch, but what you pack in case you're out overnight, or several nights; granola bars, candy bars, jerky, bouillon cubes, etc.
11. Water: pack in more than enough water; carry more than enough water during day trips, know where water sources are in your hunting area, mark them in your GPS.
12. Remember, in a hunting situation, you will have your hunting clothes on, your weapon with you. Keep all of your gear with you, don't start shedding and throwing away gear in an emergency situation. Your hunting backpack will weigh 15-25 pounds. GET IN SHAPE AND EXERCISE BEFORE YOU HUNT.
13. COMMON SENSE: If it looks like a storm - don't go. If it looks too dangerous - stay back. If it's getting dark - go back to camp. By KNOWING YOUR LIMITATIONS and AVOIDING POTENTIAL HAZARDS, you increase your odds of your outing being just that, a good day out.
These survival kit items will fit into a back-pack for hunting or small carry-on type suit case for the car. When traveling far, throw the survival kit into the car, buy groceries, store in an ice-chest, with a couple of cases of water. When you get to destination, and back home; bring in the water and groceries for home use, nothing goes to waste. Better yet, Keep a survival kit in your car permanently
. Just rotate (and use) out the food and water.
YOU COULD SURVIVE THE ELEMENTS, IF YOU HAD TO, WITH THIS SURVIVAL KIT UNTIL HELP ARRIVED.
HAVALON KNIFE REVIEW: ACTUAL CAPING FOOTAGE!!
FOOD STORAGE SECRETS
STERI-PEN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
STERI PEN VIDEO #2
SATELLITE PHONE INFO
Go To Home Page From Survival Kit List